Monday, May 19, 2014

X-Men Pop Art Sketch Cards



More sketch card fan art! These started out as an experiment in style and basically to have fun/do some art for my self. Simplifying and playing with shapes on some of my favorite mutant super heroes was the goal with these drawings. I'm trying not to fall in love with a drawing right away, and so I brought the first couple of cards to my wife for her advice and critique. She's a graphic artist and has a really great eye for design so I always welcome her thoughts. After making some changes and redoing several characters, I was very thankful I had let go of my pride and asked for another artist's insight. These where really fun to make and didn't demand a lot of time. A nice way to get a quick sketch in and have the feeling that you completed a piece of art. :)

The bottom four images are an experiment to see what the cards would look like mirrored in Photoshop and to play with symmetry.

Top Row, Left to Right: Cyclops, Beast, Magneto, Wolverine, Sabrertooth, Psylocke
X-Men Sketch Cards: 3.5"x2.5" Pen, Colored Pencil and Neon Sharpie Markers on Illustration Board

No comments: