Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Illustration Friday: "Bottled"

This week for Illustration Friday the theme is "bottled." This is the first time I've participated with this group and it was a lot of fun and a good challenge. My personal goal was to do this as quickly as I could (thumbnails to a finish) with out second guessing my first instincts. Comments and feedback are welcome.

On a side not, I discovered another great resource for illustration online. At Illustration Mundo, you can listen to a bunch of great pod casts with artists, illustrators, designers, directors, etc. Definitely a HUGE resource for anyone who does illustration or is an artist. Can't emphasise that enough! Some how these pod casts are related to Escape from Illustration Island which is another great resource that I'm learning about.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to the people that contribute their time and efforts to these sites. What a great way to share with the community and be a hub for inspiration.

4 comments:

M.Lee said...

I really like this piece. Your characters are very engaging and the technique is awesome. Great work! I noticed you liked Illustration Mundo and Escape from Illustration Island...I also have a website besides my blog that welcomes artists to submit work or work in progress for peer-to-peer critique. It's just in the beginning stages so I'm trying to get the word out there. I'd love to see some of your work on there. Check it out at www.creativehotseat.com

lucrezia said...

Excellent debut on IF! Your characters have a lot of personality!

Unknown said...

Too cute...fab characters...hope he gets out!

Janete Trindade said...

Great illustration!!!