Thursday, May 2, 2013

Victorian Cat Designs


A couple embroidery designs from work (UrbanThreads). The guy cat on the left was drawn a year or so ago and his new feline friend was added last month to our collection. It was a good challenge trying to make the two look like they go together, even though it had been some time since the first cat was created. In hindsight, I think I would give the guy cat a neck. That might help the proportions of the two cats to look more equal. It was fun researching the Steampunk/Victorian themes for costumes and attire. It was also fun to flex the character design muscles a little bit. I really tried to nail a cool silhouette with each of their poses and give them a little attitude.

1 comment:

Taylor S Smith said...

Thank you for the kind words! I hope you have a ton of fun embroidering and making new things. This message is super delayed but none the less, I just wanted to say thank you and God bless!