Monday, July 8, 2013

Chibi Superhero Sketch Cards




For fun, I've been drawing fan art the last couple months. These are some new sketch cards sized at 2.5" x 3.5". Making these cards has been really great for several reasons. First, they're not a huge time commitment. Second, it's rewarding after doing several of these in the sense that you're creating a collection. Third, I really enjoy drawing super heros and cute/anime cartoon characters lately. These little guys where drawn on 11" x 14" bristle board with markers and pencils. I thought it would be easier to draw them all on one big sheet of paper instead of cutting the cards out separately and then drawing on them. Working this way helped me frame the characters more easily. It also gave me space to do some color studies next each hero as well. I look forward to doing more and have all ready started another batch! Any requests? :)

3 comments: